Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Literally. 

Two funny stories about my deeds which I am still doing, but not bragging blogging about on a daily basis. 

First one: On Fridays, I drive-thru McDonald's on my way into work for coffee. I get up to the counter, pay for my own order and then wait awkwardly. "Uhhhh...is that guy done?" Pointing at the car behind me. "Uhhh yeah." (He's thinking I'm an idiot). "Uhhh....can I pay for his, too?" He's truly baffled. I blurt out "I'm doing good deeds for Lent!" Nervous laugh (I'm the champion of the nervous laugh).  McDonald's employee: "Well, I have to get a special code because I'm swiping your card twice." Okay, okay. I get the receipt: $1.84. Sheesh. I hope it at least made him smile. 

Second deed: My husband got on the computer after work last night and was checking his email.  I walk by and all I see is match.com. Immediately in a tizzy: "What do you think you're looking at?" And I look closer...www.bethematch.org. He's signing up to be a bone marrow donor. Crap. 

We both signed up for a friend, someone who was in his class at the fire academy. I found out just a few minutes ago that he passed away today. So so so tragic. My heart is broken for his whole family, of course, but especially his momma. Can't even imagine. 


1 comments:

  1. Jessi said...

    This post cracked me up. Until the end, of course...so sorry about your friend :(

  2. Post a Comment