Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How was your Easter?

I'm going to be honest here. How my Easter? It was a little awkward.
First we couldn't get this kid to give us an Easter "money shot."
For the entire Easter service, Collin sat outside playing with a very loud and disruptive Tommy. Every time we try to attempt to go to church we wonder why.

And for the first time, I did not see my entire family on Easter. My parents are getting a divorce (have been for the past five years, so it's not news...we're all just ready for it to be over) and my mom has a new boyfriend. Everyone just went their separate ways. It all made sense, but it was just sad. So Tommy, Collin, and I went over to the in-laws. It was a very nice day, just not what I'm used to.

Also awkward:
Try bringing this as your contribution to the Easter feast. Everyone looked at me quizzically. Yes, those are cornflakes...Yes, there are potatoes under there. I had to keep up some semblance of my family tradition and made the Sutter Creek Potatoes for my in-laws. There were gone in the blink of an eye.

Super easy, super unhealthy recipe...perfect for a complement to ham or some kind of breakfast situation with diced ham thrown in there.

Last awkward moment: practicing my photography skills on four (4) tubs of sour cream.

4 comments:

  1. Jessi said...

    I make a potato casserole with cornflakes on top. It's kickass. Own those cornflakes Beckz. Own them.

    I'm sorry this Easter wasn't your fave. But Tommy sure looked cute...love his outfit :)

  2. Emily Hernandez said...

    Nobody makes sour cream look the way you do.

  3. Gretchen said...

    Heh....doesn't Holy Family have one of those "baby rooms?" Ours was the chapel which had a window looking into the church proper.

    The potatoes look amazing!

  4. michelle said...

    2016 fashion toms shoes with many new style for you to choose.only $16.9,Get it immediately,http://www.tomshoesus.com
    Toms Flag Women Shoes Red2
    Toms Women Red maple Leaf classic shoes
    Toms Women White Red maple Leaf classic shoes

  5. Post a Comment